What is Paintless Dent Repair?
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is a process of removing small dings and dents from vehicles without sanding, filling, or repainting the original finish of the vehicle.
Body panel metal has "memory." It will return to its original shape and contour when massaged into place. In paintless dent repair, we use metal rods to reach inside the body panels and gently massage the dent until it's flush with the surface. With the rod in place, we use a gentle prying motion to push out the dent, starting at the dent's perimeter and slowly working toward the center.
Before Paintless Dent Repair, the only alternative was to have the body shop strip the damaged panels to bare metal, pound out the dent, cover the panel with filler, sand, and repaint. Having just two or three door dings repaird using traditional methods cost hundreds of dollars and take days or weeks to repair. We can do the same job for much less and it only takes about an hour. Today's lighter-gauge sheet metals are easier to bed, and body paints are now flexible enough to stretch without cracking.
Benefits of Paintless Dent Repair
- Because we don't have paint, you never have to worry about the paint matching your original finish.
- Repair of one ding/dent takes about an hour or less. No need to rent a vehicle or be without a vehicle for days on end.
- You will save hundreds of dollars compared to a conventional repair.
- Repairing dings and dents will increase the value of your vehicle.
- Returning a ding-free leased vehicle will save you money on "excess wear and tear" charges from the leasing company.
- Most insurance companies will cover repairs
- No hazardous chemicals are used, so there is no harm to the environment
Types of damage that can be repaired
- Small and large dents
- Hail damage
Dorsch guarantees that its professional services are performed to the highest standards of skilled workmanship. If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied.